The BSF did not raise team affiliation fees in 2021 as we began our recovery from the pandemic. We then brought in a small increase in 2022, amounting to well under £1 per player, because of the need to build back reserves after pandemic-induced losses.
We did not originally intend to implement another fee increase in 2023, but the massive rise in inflation over the past year, which will dramatically increase some of our costs, has led us to change our minds.
So BSF fees will rise again in 2023 by around 5% to help us cope with increased costs. This is half of the current rate of inflation, less than 40% of where inflation stood at its pre-Christmas peak and well under £1 per player.
The new fees are shown below, with 2022 fees in brackets.
- Full-Member League Teams: £220 (£210).
- Associate Member Teams: £115 (£110).Associate members include:
- Junior Members: £85 (£80)
- Special Membership: £85 (£80). This is one-off team membership to allow entry to one specific competition.
- GB National Teams: £30 (£30). This fee is to provide Public Liability insurance for GB National Teams when they train or play in the UK.
- Single-Sex Teams created from non-BSF members: £10 per day (£10 per day). This fee is to provide Public Liability insurance for single-sex slowpitch teams with members who are not affiliated to the BSF through co-ed slowpitch teams.
- University Teams not in BSF Leagues: No fee
As has been the case since 2017, teams that enter the BSF Single-Sex Slowpitch National Championships or the Softball World Series will not be required to pay an additional affiliation fee for insurance purposes provided that all members of the team are rostered with co-ed slowpitch teams or fastpitch teams affiliated to the BSF. This will continue to be the case in 2023.