Initially, the thinking was that fees would have to be raised in 2021 to begin building back reserves and to ensure that 2021 was not completely a year of “austerity” with regard to Federation spending.
However, a £20,000 grant from Sport England, secured with the help of BaseballSoftballUK, kept the Federation in the black, and the BSF Executive has decided that fees will not be raised in 2021 (assuming there is a season) because we know that many people are struggling financially as a result of the pandemic.
But the BSF will have to reduce expenditure this year and will need to raise fees in future to restore our reserves over time. In judging whether there will be a full season in 2021 with regard to levying full or partial fees, a full season will be assumed if all NSL league competition is able to take place.
The fees for 2021, shown below, are the same as in 2019:
Full-Member League Teams: £200
Associate Member Teams: £100
Associate members include:
- Independent tournament teams with no league affiliation.
- Scottish league teams.
- Great Britain Fastpitch League teams.
- New league teams* for the first two years of their existence.
- BASU as an organisation.
* New teams that have joined leagues in the past three years and are in the previous fee structure that involved a three-year progression to full-member rates will continue in that progression but will pay £200 when they reach the full-member rate.
Junior Members: £75
- Under-18 teams (50% of rostered players must be under-18).
- University teams playing in BSF leagues.
Special Membership: £75
- A one-off team membership to allow entry to one specific competition.
GB National Teams: £25
- This fee is to provide Civil and Public Liability insurance for GB National Teams when they train and play in the UK.
University Teams not in BSF Leagues: No fee
One-off Tournament Affiliations
Since 2017, teams that enter the BSF Single-Sex Slowpitch National Championships or the Softball World Series will not be required to pay an additional affiliation fee for insurance purposes provided that all members of the team are rostered with co-ed slowpitch teams or fastpitch teams affiliated to the BSF. This will continue to be the case in 2021.
More general information on affilliation is available on the Affiliation and Registration page.