The GB Management Committee (GBMC), the BSF subcommittee that supports and oversees national team programmes, is urgently looking for a Secretary/Administrator to help organise and drive the group’s activities.
The GB Management Committee is made up of representatives from the staffs of slowpitch and fastpitch national teams, covering Co-ed and Men’s Slowpitch, Men’s Fastpitch and Women’s Fastpitch. Other GBMC members include a Sports Therapy representative and a Treasurer.
The need is for an Administrator who will organise and record regular meetings of the group, follow up on actions, help to deliver GBMC activities and ensure that the GBMC can effectively support national team programmes in a year in which seven of our 10 national teams are expected to return to official European competitions after a two-year Covid-induced hiatus.
This is a voluntary position, though expenses will be reimbursed.
The person appointed will need to have good secretarial and organisational skills, and the main responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Organise regular GBMC videoconference meetings – either monthly or at intervals determined by the group.
- Prepare agendas for GBMC meetings, take and circulate Minutes and circulate a list of assigned actions arising from meetings.
- Follow up on actions to make sure they are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Work with national team staff to organise annual functions such as player trials, selection meetings, player bursary applications, advertisements and applications for team staff positions, and post-tour review sessions.
- On occasion, report progress – and any problems – to the BSF Executive.
The GBMC was inactive for much of 2021 because none of our national teams were in competition last year, but also because the BSF’s former National Teams Officer was unable to convene the group on a regular basis due to illness.
With a new competition season fast approaching, however, and with so many of our national teams planning to tour, the BSF is keen to fill this position quickly and get the GBMC up and running once again.
Candidates do not have to have a previous involvement in or knowledge of GB National Team programmes or operations, and induction will be provided.
How to apply
To indicate an interest in this role, please send an email setting out your work experience, your softball background (if any), your main skills, and the reasons for your interest in the role to BSF Administrator Bob Fromer.
You can also contact Bob if you want more information about the role, the GBMC or GB National Team programmes.
The deadline for applications is 5.00 pm on Friday 4 February 2022.