The British Softball Federation is still looking for nominations for its Annual Awards, to be presented at the 2023 BSF AGM, which will be held as a remote videoconference meeting on Saturday 25 February, and has extended the deadline to 20 January.
Each year, the BSF makes annual awards to individuals, teams or leagues in a number of categories, most of which will be based on the 2022 season. Awards will be given in the following categories provided nominations are received:
- The Glover Cup for outstanding long-term service to softball by an administrator or organiser.
- The President’s Club Award for outstanding performance or development by an affiliated club or team.
- The League Glover Cup for outstanding development achievement by an affiliated league.
- The Umpire of the Year Award.
- The Tournament of the Year Award.
- The Youth Team of the Year Award for outstanding performance or development achievement.
- The Betsy Holden Award for outstanding achievement by a young person in developing or promoting the sport.
- The Young Fastpitch Player of the Year Award.
- The Young Slowpitch Player of the Year Award.
All nominations for BSF Annual Awards should be sent by email to BSF Administrator Bob Fromer and should be accompanied by information supporting the nomination.
The deadline for nominations is now 5.00 pm on Friday 20 January 2023.