Following further easing of Covid-related restrictions in Wales and Scotland, please find below a short update on implications for baseball and softball activity across the UK.
As with England and unless otherwise stated, the emphasis has shifted to increased personal responsibility in maintaining a safe environment. With this in mind, we would like to remind you to continue following our recommended guidance until further notice for both formal and informal activity. Together, we can work to keep those within our community as safe as possible.
All of Scotland moves to ‘Beyond Level 0’ on 9th August 2021.
- Outdoor: no field of play bubble restrictions; participant numbers increased to 5,000; no social distancing; spectators permitted.
- Indoor: no field of play bubble restrictions; participant numbers capped at 2,000; with facilities needing to provide good ventilation; coaches must wear face coverings; face coverings must be worn when not taking part in activity.
- Covid-19 Officer: remains a mandatory requirement to oversee activity.
- Risk Assessments: recommended.
sportScotland – Click here for more information.
All of Wales moved to ‘Alert Level 0’ on 7th August 2021.
- Outdoor: no restrictions on participant numbers, social distancing encouraged; spectators permitted.
- Indoor: per Outdoor, with facilities needing to provide good ventilation; coaches must wear face coverings; face coverings must be worn when not taking part in activity.
- Risk Assessments: required.
1. Support NHS contact tracing by:
- Completing a Participant Opt-in Form prior to attending activity.
- Completing Covid check-in on the day of activity. Farnham Park's system, viewable here, is a good example.
- Keeping a Participant Attendance Register on the day of activity.
2. Maintain basic hygiene precautions to minimise fomite (contact) transmission by:
- Disinfecting all personal and team equipment and hands before and after activity with hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial wipes.
- Avoiding sharing equipment wherever possible and sanitising where unavoidable.
- Ensuring you have a First Aid Covid kit.
Government roadmaps and policies remain subject to change at short notice. Therefore, please keep yourselves updated through regular trusted channels and remember that local and national Government guidance supersedes advice provided by BSUK, the BSF and the BBF.
Visit BSUK’s Covid-19 Guidance online hub for information and resources.
This communication is issued on behalf of BaseballSoftballUK, the British Softball Federation and the British Baseball Federation.