A webinar on concussion issues in softball was presented to the BSF AGM earlier this year, and to a meeting of GB National Team staff members late last year, by an experienced Canadian physiotherapist, Jessica Mancini.
The PowerPoint slides from this presentation are now available to any softball club or league that would like to have them.
In a poll of those who attended the AGM, the vast majority found the presentation interesting and valuable.
The slides cover the following topics:
- What is concussion?
- How can a concussion occur?
- Concussion symptoms.
- Effects of a concussion on the body's systems.
- Dealing with a suspected concussion on the field.
- Sideline concussion assessment.
- On-field management if the player resumes play during the game.
- Off-field management.
- Management during the first 24-48 hours.
- Typical healing times.
- Return to play protocols (six stages).
- Concussion prevention.
To request the slides, please email email@example.com.