Celebrating the long-awaited return to play, the inaugural BaseballSoftballUK Slowpitch Cup will come to Farnham Park on 19-20 June 2021.
The tournament will be contested using the dynamic Fully Loaded format made popular in Australia, allowing teams to get more playing time with rapid, action-packed games and fun rules including loaded bases. This tournament is open to all grades of teams.
Who is the tournament aimed at?
The tournament welcomes teams competing at all levels, from social to recreational to competitive.
The competition is divided into rookie, rec and comp categories, grouping teams based on their level. For example, if you normally play at C-grade, then you’ll play against other typical C-grade level teams. To support this process, please state your normal playing level on the entry form. Please note: final groupings will be dependent on entries.
Here are just some of the reasons:
- We’re celebrating the end of one heck of a year and the chance to finally be back on the diamond with our teammates.
- You want to mix things up a bit and try something a bit different.
- Most of the normal WSBC slowpitch rules you’re used to playing will apply, with just a sprinkling of new ones to mix things up a bit (but not too much), such as:
- You start every inning with runners on all bases (starting at the bottom of the order and rotating back up the order each inning).
- It’s quicker! You sprint out and back during changeovers, there’s no warm-up pitching or throwing the ball around endlessly. Dilly-dallying is for lawn bowls.
- You have a 1-1 count when coming up to bat. A great way to encourage hitting.
- Each game will last 45 minutes or 3 innings -- whichever comes first.
- Take a look at the fuller rules here if you’re so inclined.
- All teams will get the chance to play on the dirt fields and diamonds. Sharing is caring!
- It’s a weekend … you could stay at home and do ever more DIY … or play softball!
Date: 19-20 June 2021
Event Organiser: Samuel Haslam
Cost: £250 per team