The British Softball Federation wishes to appoint a Safeguarding Liaison Officer (SLO) to play an essential role in fulfilling the BSF’s commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. The SLO will oversee the implementation of the Joint Safeguarding Policy on behalf of the BSF and will work directly with BaseballSoftballUK’s Lead Welfare Officer.
The SLO will:
- Be a point of contact, support and advice on all matters of safeguarding raised directly with the BSF.
- Ensure that any and all safeguarding and child protection issues are reported to BSUK immediately.
- Raise the profile of safeguarding in the softball community.
- Ensure that all contact information for BSF teams, clubs and leagues that have young players (including adult teams) is provided to BSUK.
- Ensure that the BSF National team programmes are compliant with safeguarding requirements.
- Ensure that BSF-sanctioned events (tournaments) are aware of safeguarding requirements and are compliant.
- Create BSF policy documents as necessary.
- Ensure that DBS disclosures are met for relevant roles.
- Attend occasional BSF meetings to ensure that the BSF is kept up to date with safeguarding matters
This list is not exhaustive.
The person appointed should be able to demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and have good awareness of BSUK policies and procedures, statutory legislation and guidance.
Safeguarding and child protection training is needed for this role. Where this is not the case at the point of appointment, training should be undergone within six months.
DBS check to be carried out.
For further information, or an informal conversation about the role, please contact Jenny Fromer.
You can complete an application form for this position below.
The deadline for applications is Monday 21 December 2014.